OUCH!!!

What, according to your experiences, was more painful about labor, the birth in general or the contractions and cramping before the birth?

***This question for those who have NOT had an epidural.

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 12:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've always said the contractions and such, were way worse than the pushing. Once you start to push, the contractions sorta easy-up because your pushing. Pushing really didn't hurt at all compared the the contractions, in my opinion. I had absolutely NO pain meds both times.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Honestly, I thought it all hurt.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• lol @ JM thanks
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I had a water birth and the only point in which I felt like "I don't know if I can do this" was when I was pushing her head out and I experienced 'The Ring of Fire', that was killer and I actually thought I was going to rip in half, but I kept pushing and all of a sudden that was it!
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 7:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I agree with LeoneLover13, the head coming out was the most painful for me, and I, too, felt like my body was going to rip in half!! But I knew that was the final stage of delivery, so I kept on pushing through it.

But even MORE painful than that was after the delivery, when they had to stick their hand up in my uterus and scrape out my placenta (it broke apart inside of me and was clotting inside). That hurt 100 times more than ANY part of delivery. They even gave me a huge shot of morphine that didn't even take the edge off.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:44 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• For me it is different for each birth. With the first the contractions were the worst, but with the second the pushing was the worst. The second was sunny side up (facing up) and got stuck though. M\No drugs or interventions here.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i thought her head comeing out was the worse and she was tiny..6 13 i couldnt imaging these mothers who push out 10lbs babies with no pain killers
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2009