bleeding after sex @ 35w and 4 days

my so and i just had sex, and i felt a "pop", it wasnt painful, but he said he felt like he hit something
anyways when he pulled out his genitals were covered in blood and when i wiped there was bright red blood, i peed and it was like the first day of my period, the pee was tinged red and when i wiped there was more blood, i hae a panty liner on now and im going to stay up a bit and see what happens.
should i worry, whats happening??

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 1:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's normal to have spotting. If you're having a heavy flow go to the hospital. After I got checked by the doctor in my 3rd trimester the same thing happened to me. They said a lot of women can spot after penetration in their later stages of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• there was more than a few spots...im gonna go check and see if it's stopped now though
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 1:20 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I certianly call your Dr right away!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My hubby and i had the same issue. i was 20 weeks when it happened to us, i called my mother panicking at 2am and she said it was okay, that it'll stop just give it a little while. 4 days later i was still bleeding, no cramps or pains just blood like i was on my regular menstrual. my hubby got so worried that he took me to L&D and they said i have a "fryable cervix" which just means my blood vessels are very sensitive and i will bleed nearly everytime my husband and i have sex. they said there is nothing to worry about, that the majority of women actually have it. the doctors told me not to worry about it unless i was cramping or the bleeding just comes out of no where.
    panda_mommy1

Answer by panda_mommy1 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I actually just had some light bleeding at 30 1/2 weeks and then again at 32 1/2weeks. It was more dripping and then peed some light blood in the toilet 2-3 times. This happened both times at 30 1/2 weeks and 32 1/2weeks. They said I also had a UTI and with that found out I had Strep B pregnant women get. So both those could have irritated my cervix and sex too. So now I'm 35 weeks and no more problems. They also gave me steriod shots at 32 1/2weeks incase the baby came early cause it could also have been preterm labor which I never had no problems with the other two pregnancies
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies, i went into L & D today and all is well, they did a NST and the baby's fine they just said no more sex!! apparently my s/o irritated my cervix is all...they said probably because the baby is low now and she's dropped , so therefore my cervix is closer to the front now?..agh..no more sex for me until after the baby is here and i heal :(
    I go for a u/s on Tuesday to determine anyways when they are going to induce me, right now it is either 37 or 38 wks, the results determine. (I have GD).
    I'll know by Friday when they should be inducing, wish me luck ladies!
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 4:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Good luck mamma!!!!! they said some women's cervixs are so sensitive during pregnancy that if they use scented body wash it can cause them to bleed...isn't that crazy? i would hate that lol. but i'm glad you got everything figured out and now you know whats wrong =)
    panda_mommy1

Answer by panda_mommy1 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009