• In the Spotlight:

bv while pregnant

I just found out I am four and a half weeks pregnant, but have recently gone to the doctor and found out that I have BV (Bacteria Viagnosis) .... Is there any way to treat it without hurting my baby?

Haylee194

Asked by Haylee194 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may find the following website helpful...

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/BV/STDFact-Bacterial-Vaginosis.htm#pregnant

JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:44 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• What exactly is BV?
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is the name of a condition in women where the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina is disrupted and replaced by an overgrowth of certain bacteria. It is sometimes accompanied by discharge, odor, pain, itching, or burning.
    Haylee194

Answer by Haylee194 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• SO kinda like a yeast infection? If so I know that you can use infectin creams to cure you just cant use the one day treatments it has to be atleast a 3 day one . I dont know if this helps but good luck. Hope ya feel better.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Okay.. Thank you for the advice! :)
    Haylee194

Answer by Haylee194 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• its not a yeast infection at all so you cannot use creams to fix it wait til the dr says you can take the antibiotics and use them eat lots of yogurt to prevent it in the future nothing but the antibiotics will cure it make sure you and your so wash up before and after intercourse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thank You Thank You! I'm scheduling a doctor appointment on Monday, I've just been so worried because I've been reading all this stuff about BV causing misscarriages and early births... :/ I'm really scared because this is my first pregnancy and I really don't want to loose my baby.. :(
    Haylee194

Answer by Haylee194 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i had bv with my dd and i assure u see is perfectly healthy....i had alot of bladder and kidney infetctions but i was so use to having them that by time i realized i had one it was on the sever side of it and they tell u they can cause m/c and still birth but my dr kept telling me everything would be all right. for a bv they will brobably give u a cream instead of a anitibotic.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i have had bv alot after my daughter for some reason. This pregnancy I have had it 1-2 times and was given cream with these tube applicator things to do once a day at night.
    Anonymous