i live in ohio n i need info on child custody laws

I live in ohio I wa married and then i got a divorce and soon i found out i concived when i was married does that mean that my ex husband has custody of the baby since we were married when i concived? Is been to my understanding if you have a child out of wedlock the mother is the only one that has custody. Also I was wondering if his mother can try to fight for custody? She let me move in with her because when me n her son got a divorce i threaten to get alimony from him. So can she use the fact that im stayin in her house and I dont have my own place against me and will she be able to obtain custody because of my situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• call a llawyer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I believe that you need a lawyer ASAP! you have an ugly mess brewing on your hands. I don't think that mom has a leg to stand in that matter, but I would get a lawyer anyway.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• She would have to prove you unfit because the judge would get her custody of the child. AFTER you have the child you need to go to the local child support office and they will help you recieve support and file the custody for you. You may have joint custody with the bio father. The grandmother can file for grandparents rights though.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• **before the judge not because the judge...ooops
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Does the father have a better grasp of the English language? If so I hope he gets custody.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Ohio doesn't have grandparents rights....my mom found that one out the hard way.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2009