Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i live in ohio n i need info on child custody laws

I live in ohio I wa married and then i got a divorce and soon i found out i concived when i was married does that mean that my ex husband has custody of the baby since we were married when i concived? Is been to my understanding if you have a child out of wedlock the mother is the only one that has custody. Also I was wondering if his mother can try to fight for custody? She let me move in with her because when me n her son got a divorce i threaten to get alimony from him. So can she use the fact that im stayin in her house and I dont have my own place against me and will she be able to obtain custody because of my situation?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • didnt i just read this?
    call a lawyer

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • Call and attorney. Do what is best for the child and try to work something out with its father. This is a child not a pawn.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • Just call a lawyer, most of them have free consultation and will help you out with telling you your rights and the rights of the father and his family. I do strongly believe however taht unless the father is somehow harmful to the child that he should have every right to see it. Afterall it is his child too. and you dont' know how you're child will feeel in the future about not getting to see it's father.. just think about it b4 you do anything rash! but calling a lawyer is right where I would start

    Answer by AshleyG. at 9:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.