12 year old kissing

found out through checking my daughter's computer activites that she has kissed a boy. not an innocent kiss on the cheek but a kiss kiss. This happened in school, she isn't allowed anywhere alone. I have talked to her, but I know kids will do things no matter what. I have kept things that she loves away from her, I have talked to her let her know once you kiss you can't go back to holding hands, I have told her about the diseases that are out there, I have told her that someone will be with you bc they enjoy your company not bc of the things you can do with them, I have told her if you are embarrased to talke dto me about it, then that means you are plainly not mature enought to do the things you are doing..
What more can I do to keep her from growing up so fast???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Personally I think you shouldn't punish her for a kiss. I had my first kiss at 13 and it was a real kiss, but it was totally innocent at the same time. What you did taking the things away from her is not going to make her want to talk to you instead you are probably going to push her away from you. I don't think you want that at all. I think you should talk to her and tell her you overreacted and I agree with the PP share your first kiss. Maybe share a bit of your past relationships with her. Any regrets tell her and tell you why you regret them. If you want your children to be open with you they need to feel that being open is perfectly normal... When my daughter gets older she will grow up knowing my stories I share with her. I want her first kiss to be special and be there for her because you know what your daughter was prob so excited and thrilled about it and at the same time under it all nervous and scared.
    Anonymous

• she probably didnt talk to you cuz u punished her for doing what girls do. I think you should give her back her priveledges or shes just gonna resent you and do it more...

My cuzn got everything taken from her and she hit the sack before everyone cuz she had nothing tolose since everything wa already gone.

have an objective person talk to her about sex. shes probably not gonna talk to you for a while about it. or just apologize for overreacting and talk to her about your concerns, woman to young lady, maybe share ur first kiss, talk to her about sex. Dont lie the truth should scare the $h!T OUT OF HER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My son and his girlfriend are close and i wouldnt care if they kissed. i have talked VERY openly about sex and girls and im hoping that what i have said will stick in his brain.
    Anonymous

• You punished her for kissing a boy? No wonder she doesn't feel comfortable talking to you. SHe is doing what is normal. Kissing a boy isn't bad in and of itself. Ease up. If you don't, when she does do something more, she will never tell you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• girls will be girl
    get involed but not to involed but you should trust and not think nothing of it
    ilovewes

Answer by ilovewes at 8:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think your a little harsh--i wouldn't have punished her for it--but thats me--i kissed a boy at 13, i mean really kiss, but i didn't have sex until i was 19 and i only had sex with my husband. So don't be so hard on her, just because she kissed a boy doesn't mean she's going to jump in the bed with him.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 8:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You know what .. Thank you ladies for opening my eyes. I don't know what I was thinking it all just came so suddenly and out of no where I didn't know how to react and I over reacted. I want her to be able to come to me and talk to me, so I am going to be more open minded and not over react. You know I never wanted to be like my parents when it came to my kids and I just had an eye opener I was being just like them.!!! Thanks again so much!
    Anonymous