Ugh!

How soon after you found out you were pregnant did you experience well..all day sickness?

Did you get nauseous before your HPT?

Did cheese and deli meat for inexplicable reasons make you retch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every woman is diff. I didnt start getting sick till i was about a month or two
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Okay I'm only 6 weeks exactly... And I started getting sick and dizzy spells about 3 or 4 days ago. My mother told me its odd because most people get like this at about 8 weeks but she said this is just the beginning. I'm not throwing up yet or anything. The dizziness and nausea goes away about 5 hours after I wake up. :( It is a horrible feeling. I have no appetite at all! It sucks because being hungry makes me more nauseous... smh... Here we go lol
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• my goodness i began to feel all day sickness, not morning but all day, til i was about 7-8 weeks. i heard that cheese and dairy foods help not too sure how true that is tho but everyone is different you might feel sick right away. crackers were my bestie and water makes it worse!!! lay low on water!! trust meee gatorades and juice. drinnk WATER WHEN YOU FEEL GOOD. not sick. my dr told me this and it helpd lots.
    marianne_a

Answer by marianne_a at 2:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Oh and yes... Cheese, my once other lover, now makes me want to hurl. Chicken though, is the only thing that actually sounds good to me in the morning.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My doctor told me that if you dont eat it will make you sicker, try soup or crackers it really helped me. Also if it gets really really bad like mine did try C-bands they work great or your doctor can give you some meds that are safe for you and baby that will stop you from getting sick thats what happen to me! Good Luck and have fun :)
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i was about two months along before i started to feel sick. but once it started it didnt let up for a long time.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i was sick all day everyday until i was about 20 weeks. I don't wish that on anyone at all EVER. i didn't ear this when I was prego but mu SIL just found out she was having another baby and they sent her home with a sheet telling her wht NOT to eat and soft cheeses and deli meat was on there. I don't know why but that's what it said!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• the dairy and any other food that makes you want to hurl is just your hormones giving a giant case of taste/smell aversion. Morning/24hr sickness is different with every person and pregnancy. I only gagged a few times w/ #1, but was sick off and on throughout #2, with this one, I gagged alot and only lost my lunch(literally)once and retched on my pills and toothpaste a few times.

If you have problems with your prenatals, you can try to take them at bedtime, sometimes that helps. I found that taking my pills with something other than water. I usually take them with a sip of soda or juice.

Just take it easy, eat in small amounts and keep drinking, even if it's ginger ale.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I know about the soft cheeses and deli meats, I don't eat soft cheese, but I do eat roast beef and turkey which if you pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds will be clean.
    Anonymous