• In the Spotlight:

Leg Cramps

Any good way to get stop them? My leg has been cramped for hours, I tried walking, flexing it and i cant make it feel better. anything else i can do?

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It will be tender for a while. The best thing to keep from getting them in the first place is to drink plenty of water and I've heard eating bananas helps too! I know they suck :( Hope you feel better soon
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• ok I will try to drink more water lol I feel like a fish, thats all i drink now days lol
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Bananas REALLY help!! I use to train a lot before I got pregnant and would get the worst leg cramps, but once I start eating at least one banana a day they went away!! :) Hope it works for you!
    Haylee194

Answer by Haylee194 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• bananas will help if you are lacking potasium it could also be a calcium deficiency drink lots of water stretch before you go to sleep also try to limit your processed meat soda and junk food intake because of the phosphorus which causes leg cramps i used to get the every night also if you have red spots were it hurts call your dr asap it could be a blood clot
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Bananas will help in the long run...short term soak in a warm tub and rub it or use Moist heat...get a long sock, fill it with rice, know it at the end then microwave it for 1 minute. Make sure you "jostle" the rice around so no "hot spots" then lay it on the cramp.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009