Is it possible to become pregnant while having an Implanon Implant?

I believe i may be pregnant but have an Implanon implant so i was told it is 99% effective. I have all the pregnancy symptoms including morning sickness and feel just like i did im my other pregnancys. I have taken a pregnancy test and it came out negative.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you just get the Implanon? Because the hormones it releases in your body could give you these symtpoms......
    Haylee194

Answer by Haylee194 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• No My son is now 10 Months old and i got it when he was 6 weeks so its been about 9 months and i just started feeling like this in the past 2 weeks. Im also late on my period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• hmmm.. Well I would wait a couple days then try taking another test again... You can even call the doctor that did the Implanon and tell them whats going on...
    Haylee194

Answer by Haylee194 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thats a good idea.. Thanks!! I didnt even think of calling that dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• lots of those things can cause you to have no periods at all. My sister has one and she got her period at first andthen they just stopped! I would call the dr tho cecuaswe i'm sure if you're prego you will want to have it removed!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I had implanon in and i didnt have a period with it. It is progeston (sp?) only bc. That means that if your body takes to it the way it should you wont have a period. It tricks your body into thinking its already prego so it wont release in egg. I dont think your pregnant but to be on the safe side call your dr. If you fall in that 1% it is more likely it is tubal pregnancy and your doctor will need to check you over carefully. Good luck, keep us posted.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 2:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I thought thats what its suppose to do. I hope im not that 1%! lol.. Its just weird because ive had my period since but just this month it hasn't come yet. Ill make sure to keep you posted. Thank you soo much. I feel better about it now..
    Anonymous