Prenatal vitamins...

I just found out that I am four and a half weeks pregnant and start taking One a Day prenatal vitamins with DHA... First of all, are those good prenatals to take? And should I be taking more vitamins with it like iron supplements or anything, or should the prenatals be enough? ..... Thanks :)

Haylee194

Asked by Haylee194 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah you should have prenatals with an iron suplement and folic acid...minimal

but they usually come with that and lots of other vitamins
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i took NATUREMADE PRENATALS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• also womens daily are good ones as well they have 100% folic acid and 100% of a-d viatmins and extra iron
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Dont take anymore then what you taking without taking to a DOCTOR first..You may not need iron if you iron levels are good...To much iron IS BAD!!!
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 8:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• when you go to the doctor ask questions he will give you everything you need everybody is different your body may need something than somebody else doesn't before you take anything
    ask your doctor
    wendyo717

Answer by wendyo717 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• most of the prenatals have most of the vitamins and iron that you will need each day. I am taking extra folic acid this time around b/c I am anti-seizure meds(yuck) that take away the folic acid that the prenantals would have given me. I don't take anything extra unless prescribed by my dr.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• only if you test anemic do you have to take extra iron pills. your doctor will let you know as you get further along if you need extra vitamins...but, usually one prenatal multivitamin is perfectly fine and all you need.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2009