Why does Obama think America needs a reeducation about ISLAM? this seems over-kill overboarad and winking about his gold neclace to me?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 3:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because he is secretly one of them. It shows when he is turning his back on Israel.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I don't know anything about a gold necklace, but I also think America needs to be educated about Islam. Too many Americans associate this peaceful and loving religion with the extremists. It's ignorance, pure and simple.

The association that everyone makes between regular members of the faith, and the extremists, is like saying that all Christians are exactly the same as those a-holes that protest funerals and say "god hates f*gs"...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 4:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yep, I agree completely with him. Too many Americans confuse 'Muslim' with 'terrorist'.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I don't know what your "Gold Necklace" comment means, but it makes me feel like you need a reeducation yourself.

I've read a lot of comments on CM lately that imply that America is at war with Islam (some that say that flat out!).

If so many people think that then you bet we need it!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Okay, so I remember he got a gold necklace as a gift from the Saudi Arabian king. What does that have to do with this again?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• What America needs is a swift kick in the arse and total re-education on why Religion is supposed to kept kept out of Government business.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• AnnieMcD those stereotypical assumptions you mentioned about Christians are far and wide and unweavering and hardly anyone seems to want those done away with except those it affects because it's now PC to hate Christians.

I think this reeducation America needs should be that tolerance is not the one way street 'you have to accept me while I shout all the obsenities I want about you and your beliefs' attitude that it's been made into.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Bluecollarmama, Christians are not the group we are supposedly at war with. No one in America is having their homes or businesses burnt to the ground because they are a Christian. I know that people make fun of us and think that we're hokey or dumb, but it's not on the same scale as what is happening to the Muslim community.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Pol Pot believed in reeducation. 3 million Cambodians died during his reign of reeducation.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• OP you are the one who needs to have reeducation.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2009