How can a good drug free working mother get her kids back?

i'm not on drugs i own my own home my kids were happy cyfd was called and due to my race and age took my babies they released one to his criminal father who my son has never known cyfd has no safty concerns for my family yet my son is still with his so called dad where can i get help to prove he is not a fit parent i have a lawyer but thats going no where and my son wants to be home with his mom .

NickoAngel

Asked by NickoAngel at 4:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am so so so so sorry that i asummed that you had a drug problem i really am so sorry. Please forgive me for just being an ass.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I have a hard time believing that they would take your child strictly based on your "race and age" and no other reason, and give the child to someone with a criminal history. Whatever your prior issues were, make sure they are cleaned up and stay that way. Get a good lawyer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• they dont give people with a criminal history children, thats why they have a cory run on everyone and everything in order to check that out..... i dont think you are telling us the truth. obviously you did something wrong, cps doesn't just take kids away. i suggest taking a parenting class and getting a lawyer that doesn't work with cps, they tend to be harder to find and costly, cps will offer you a free lawyer but they work with cps.
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 4:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• CPS will not take your kids away unless they had a really good reason. Get yourself a lawyer and see what you can do.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 6:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• We only have your word to go on. I would suspect if we could speak with the "criminal father" he would have a different story to tell. Work with your attorney if you are the person you say you are you child will be with you eventually. There are three sides to this your side the CPS side and the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 8, 2009