If I've already started dilating and baby has dropped.....

if I walk, does that help me dilate more, or is that only once labor has begun?

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 4:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my dr told me to walk to help, we went hiking, and walking and car rides(heard it helps) which turned into mudding trips with my fiance in his truck. but best thing is sex. if u walk and have sex it WILL speed it up significantly in my opnion neways.

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 5:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yes, I also heard that sex works better than anything.

Answer by LauraLaura1977 at 5:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• [: thank you

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• didint help me ..

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• usually it's when labor has begun...but for some women, walking can help it along.

hasn't for me yet.

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i knew a couple who when to the dr and her told them to have they went home to have sex and her wate broke in the middle of the something similer happen to me when i had my dd during sex i got extra wet and i thought my water had broke...we rushed to the hospitableto find out my water didnt break but i was i dialated...we had to explain to the dr why we thought my water had about embaressing

Answer by rainmommy at 12:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009