how do i get rid of this horrible heartburn

Everything i eat gives me heartburn it gets so bad that i havent been able to sleep

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Plain white milk... and lots of it.

I bet your baby will have lots of hair, my heartburn baby did, it was beautiful :D
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• TUMS became part of my diet in the last trimester...ate them like candy! LOL And yes, both of my boys had full heads of hair! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• lol i ate tums like candy too for the last half of my pregnancy. they say that white milk helps coat your throat and keep it down.. i dont know though because im lactose intolerant lol. i didnt feel like throwing up AGAIN while pregnant. oh and i slept a lot kinda propped up into almost a sitting position and it helped for the next day.. to kinda keep everything down.

my dd came out with a full head of hair also :)
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I feel your pain.... I had the worst heartburn when I was PG!

Pine apple helped my heartburn a little. It has some enzyme in it that naturally breaks down the acid.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I found this website with a whole list of natural heartburn remedies:

http://www.manageyourheartburn.com/blog/natural-home-heartburn-remedies/

Good Luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My doctor gave me a ton of free samples of Prilosec. It worked better than tums, rolaids, or pepcid. It's a once a day pill, but once I started taking that at about 33 weeks, I didn't have heartburn again during my pregnancy.

By the way, my heartburn baby was bald. My fist son had a full head of hair, but I had hardly any heartburn there. Old wives tale.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2009