Serious Question about a strong belly pain. Please help!

Hello ladies, I am 19 weeks Preggo today. Last night at about 9:00 pm I went into bed because my lower back hurt a little, but thats not really the issue (I dont think it is) I layed on my right side and then a few min later when to switch to my left. Well, when I went to do that I got the very sharp hard pain in my belly button and to the left and right of it. No pain else where, no cramps, no bleeding. Now As I layed there I felt movement I dont know if this was my Son or Gas pains, Everytime I moved I felt the pain. after I would lay still for a few it would subside, but if I moved it was right back. I went to sleep on my left side and woke up and now I feel fine. I am scared as this is my 1st Pregnancy and I dont know what it would be to feel if I were losing the baby (GOD FOR BID) or barxton hicks....Or OTHER...Please if anyone has any info or ideas what was going on...this went on for about 2 hrs...now I am fine. THANKS!

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 8:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could have just been the way your baby was positioned, hitting a nerve.. might wanna mention it to your doctor though when you have your next app... unless the pain gets really unbearable, then Id call them up
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• to me it sounds like your baby was just in an awkward position and it was making you uncomfortable. i know my daughter would be in really bad positions sometimes that were very painful and if i switched my position it would help sometimes. if you aren't in pain anymore i would think everything is okay.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thank you ladies. I am no longer in pain, but i moved around alot i even rubbed my bellly trying to move him and the pain didnt go away....Is the positioning of the baby still a possible cause?
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 8:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It still could be the cause... I had a problem with all my babies at around the same timeframe, they would push on my sciatic nerve and holy hell... I'd get pain in my back and my belly... mabey that's what's happening to you too
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2009