how to stay healthy

hi, i gave birth 2 months ago via CS. before when i was not pregnant my waist line was 25 or 26. and now, its 30 already! i dont know if i can do exercises. can you give me some tips on how to loose those fats esp. my waist? thanks!

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• they say not to exercise after a CS for 6 weeks.. maybe 10 i dont remember but 2 months ago is about 8 weeks so if your feeling up to it you could start walking with your baby in a stroller. i wouldn't go running just yet but walking is great exercise and the baby will enjoy it too. try walking twice a day if you can or even once is enough. maybe in another month you can run or do other exercises but for now id keep it light so you dont re-open the scar.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Diet is the key. Exercise will tone muscle, but to loose the weight and fat, it's diet.
    Stay away from processed foods, eat fresh fruits and veggies, eat good fats ( olives, avocado, olive oil, nuts if you're not allergic), eat lean protein. Don't worry about calorie counting, just eat clean.

BTW- something both my physical therapist and workout coach have told me is to not do any really strenuous workouts until you are 6 months postpartum.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2009