Wiccans...

I might have spelled that wrong. If I did I'm sorry.

I was wondering if you could explain your religion and beliefs to me please. I keep hearing about this belief and I don't know much about it. No disrespect at all, I am just curious.

Thank you ladies.

LadyChamp

Asked by LadyChamp at 8:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, that's a tall order! Let me try...

Wiccan's believe that there is a God and a Goddess and that other gods represent different aspects of these gods... Like Kali, Morgan and Athena are all just "costumes" that the Goddess wears to bring out spacific parts of her.

They also believe in the All. The ALL is the energy that makes up everything, The Gods, The earth and us. They believe in reincarnation until the spirit has learned all it needs to learn and then the spirit goes to meet the all and become one with it...

They celebrate the change of seasons and the mid points in them. Because they represend different aspects of life as well as different parts of the lives of the God and Goddess.

They hold the earth and all on it to be sacred and try to treat it as such.

They also live by one simply rule "An yee harm none, Do what ye will" This means that they are never to cause harm to any. And believe in "Karma"

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You did spell it right.  :-)

Wicca is one of the Religions that fall under the Pagan umbrella.  It is an earth-centered religion.

Here's some great info....http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcra.htm

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I wondered if you put this in P&CE by mistake. Wicca is one of a number of Neo-Pagan religions that are nature based, and worship more than one Deity (polytheistic).
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You can also check out our Wicca Forum in my End Religious Intolerance and Ignorance Group. This is why we are there...

www.cafemom.com/group/EndReligiousHate

Let me know if you have more questions!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Ooo this sounds intreeging. I'd love to hear how exactly you celebrate holidays or if you don't.

I've always been curious about this religion. Me and my cousin, who's name is Kali, did a report on it a loooong time ago, but we were so young we didn't really retain any information about it. All I remembered was the goddess Kali. That's about it.

Are there any holidays?

LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 9:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• December 21 -- Yule

January 31 -- Imbloc

March 31 -- Ostara

April 30 -- Beltane

June 21 -- Liltha

July 31 -- Lammas

September 21 - Mabon

October 31 -- Samhain

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Here is a great site to learn about the Gods (HUGE LIST!)

http://www.geocities.com/thewitchescircle/biggg.htm

But since you mentioned only knowing about Kali I wanted to pass this on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• And also a great one to teach you about the different Sabbats and Esbats (holidays)

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/1614/Celtwicc/Wicca/Wicca04.htm

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I have a good friends that is wiccan and this info will help me better understand what she stands for and what she belives in...good ques.
    Momof3Squirts

Answer by Momof3Squirts at 12:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009