Summer Weight Loss diet

Im 5'6 almost and 150 lbs. I would really like to get to 130 by the end of this summer, does any one have an diets and exercises (with out equipmentt) that help them loose weight effectivly, thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Swim, swim, swim! Cut out fast food and soda and swim as much as possible. Swimming works out every muscle group so it is very effective.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Eat clean, stay away from processed foods, eat lean protein, fresh fruits and veggies, and good fats ( olives, avocado, olive oil, nuts).
    To tone up with exercise without equipment- walking, jogging, bike riding if you have a bike, swats, lunges, burpees, push- ups, step- ups/box jumps.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Last summer I found a complete exercise routine online at Prevention called the Summer Body Challenge. It was a lot of fun to correspond back and forth with the other women that were also doing this routine. All the info you need is prob. still online under Summer Body Challenge. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll do a search for you.

Its all free of course, nothing to sign up for, just a set of 7 or 8 routines that hit every muscle group, AND also gets your heart rate going at the same time. It kicked my summer off very well and I saw results right away.

Along with it, you can also do some research on the Flat Belly diet online at Prevention. No need to buy the book, everything you need that is the most important is online there. I did that along with the SBC and it worked well. I have incorporated it into my gym exercises. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2009