Has anyone bought their child a

Pre-made playhouse? We found on yesterday that is log cabin it was $2400 and my mom was going to buy it but I told her to wait. Is that a good price? It is all custom made and very large with a loft. Has anyone else bought one? How much did you spend?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 9:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Shopping

• My kids would have loved one like that. We built a much smaller version than that and had almost $500 wrapped up in it by the time we were finished with it. That sounds like a decent price considering it is already made. You could do it yourself but.....things around my house tend to get started and then never finished. Post pics of it - it sounds awesome!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 2:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I would never do that my husband can build anything.custom garages,custom closets.All kinds of stuff.I am lucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Well so can mine but we feel this is cheaper than using cheap material too build one.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Try to find a used one on craigslist

Answer by rkoloms at 11:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• How old is your child and how crafty is your family? We had leftover wood from other random projects and my father and son built one themselves. Now it wasn't fancy with lofts and what not, but it had windows and a working door, a decorative chimney and they painted it to look like a barn. My son had so much fun helping make it That was 4 years ago and now he has outgrown it, but the younger kids use it now and he still brags about building it!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 12:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Wayyyyy to much for me. I bought one from Toys r us that was $400 that is all wood. No loft though.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009