Blood clot? tmi

Okay so i started my period, it was a maybe 5 or 6 days early this month, and it started out alittle then got heavy, then all of a sudden stopped, then this morning i had a big blood clot the size of a quarter come out and now i'm bleeding like i normally do. I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on or had this. Should i see a gyno? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• i always have huge clots it's nasty but part of my flow i guess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Not to scare you, but it could have been a miscarriage. Usually, if you have an abnormally heavy period, it's a miscarriage. If it really freaks you out, then I'd talk to your ob, but if everything returns to normal, I would worry about it too much, unless it starts happening all the time.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• don;t let her scare you, it happens to me ALL THE TIME, my sister too, it's just how our periods are, we go to the same obgyn & he said we're fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Anon: 11,
    OP said that it isn't normal for her. If it happens to YOU all the time, then it's part of your cycle.
    It's not normal for OP, so it very well could have been a MC.
    I was giving the OP facts, because that what she asked for.
    Just because it's normal for you, does not make it normal for OP.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• this sounds normal for most women. HOWEVER... everyone is different. you may want to go see your doctor if you are really concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2009