My husband and I are looking into hiring a live in nanny, any idea on how much it costs on average per week?

myakita3

Asked by myakita3 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With people I have known you can give them considerably less since they have free room and board. I guess it would depend on how often you are away. For example docs that are on call so are gone a lot more than people not on call. Will they be picking kids up from school grocery shopping runnin. Errands etc? Or is it just to help you out with a baby? After considering these things I guess it would just depend on what u can afford. I would say between 500 and 1000 a month based on your income and based on what she would be doing.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My friend was a nanny. She was paid 1,000 a week. I would say it's going to cost you more than 1,000 a month if she was paid that weekly. She was also the nanny for the CFO of American Eagle..so the lady was loaded..lol.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• a live in nanny? are you serious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• probably alot.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• check out some websites. I was a nanny (live-out) for a while and got paid hourly, but most live-ins get paid weekly. http://greataupair.com/ this is the site my family found me.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• When I was a live-in nanny 8 years ago, in nothern California, I got $1200 a week. The first family I worked for was $750 a week for one 5-year-old child. Then I went through an agency and agency nannies get paid a lot better.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I worked as a live in Nanny. I worked 40 hours a week and got 200 bucks plus free food and a cell phone! And they let me use their car. You should hire an Aupair instead. www.aupair.com
    danijela1985

Answer by danijela1985 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009