What gives with me and milk?

Why is it every time (and I mean every time!) I drink milk, NOT spoiled milk, I get sick and throw up sour chunky milk within half an hour of drinking it? It seems like no one else has this problem. What causes this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• Ummm.... lactose intolerance/ milk allergy- question to you, why do you continue to drink something that makes you sick?
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It sounds like a dairy allergy. Despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium (like many other nutrients) is superior to animal based. Here is a great article from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 12:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• ~OP.Well the thing is, I can eat ice cream and other milk products without any problems, intestinal or other wise.
    Anonymous

• I'm similar, I can eat other dairy products, but if I drink too much milk, I have digestive issues.
    I'm actually in the process of eliminating cows milk and switching to goats milk and cheese (it's closer to human breast milk and easier on the digestive system).
    Honestly, you don't need milk, so I would eliminate it from your diet. Then see if, once you eliminate it, how you react to other dairy products.

Another thing, before you eliminate it, try organic and try whole milk, vs 2% or skim. I can handle drinking about 8 oz a day of organic whole milk. All those hormones and antibiotics screw up my system.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You can be lactose intolerant. The same thing happens to me. I can eat cheese, ice cream yogurt but to drink a glass of milk...not so much. It doesn't bother me all the time but enough that I don't drink milk. If I do I drink Skim milk or Dean's Lactose Free Milk (tastes just like regular milk). Skim milk is less fatty and easier on your system too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2009