Confused

I just recently found out that my husband has been running around with someone else for the last couple weeks. He swears that all they did is kiss, and that its done, and he wants to work on our marriage. The problem is I don't trust him. I constently wonder what hes doing, and I can't even trust him at work because that is where this happened...
Supposedly she no longer works there, but she only lives a couple blocks away. I don't know what I could do in order to start working on my trust with him because no matter what I don't believe him. Even that all it was was a kiss, I don't believe him. I can't. I'm trying not to stress, cuz I am 8 months pregnant. But everytime I sit I think about it, was may of happened what I know did, why, just a million things, and I can't help but cry. Please I need some advice. I love my husband to death...But I don't even know where to start repairing us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I am so sorry that happened, and I cannot even imagine what that added stress must being doing to you, especially since you are pregnant. First thing is first, you need to remove all exterior factors (stupid tramp). Then you both can start working on your relationship. I would definately get in contact with a marriage counsler. It can be an open forum for you to get the answers that you need, and to have a third party be there so you can work through everything. He might never regain your trust. The ball is definately in his court, and the fact that both of you want to work on this is a good sign. Hopefully with time and counseling, you both can mend the damage he has done. Right now though he is going to have to make some drastic effort to show you that he really is done with her, and that nothing else is going on. p>

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• First thing you have to do is try to relax at 8 months pregnant.It takes time to build a relationship back up after a mess. You also have to forgive if you can, but, you don't have to forget.don't throw it up in his face. When you start thinking about it, try to do something else to get your mind off of it. I know you hurt and I know its hard to trust him, but just take it one day at a time. Start small , like holding his hand again.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Again, I am so sorry that you are going through this, but take faith in the fact that you both love each other and want to work on it, after all that is what marriage is, work, work, work. Good Luck!
    2-1CavWife

• This is such a rough situation and I'm so sorry it happened to you, especially so late into your pregnancy. :-( As if you don't have enough to worry about! In the past, has your husband been faithful? Is this your first child? Not that this is an excuse, but maybe he was getting nervous about becoming a father. Did he offer you any reason for his behavior? I can relate in a way, because early on in my relationship with my husband, we were in a fight and he kissed another girl at work. I felt anxious every single time he went to work from then on and it took a long time to repair the damage it did to our relationship. I guess all that you can do is try to trust him. The way I got through was to know that if he ever did something like that again, it would have to be over for us. Then I just sat back and let life go on. If you can't learn to trust him again eventually, then I think that you should re-evaluate your relationship.
    MamaApril2

Answer by MamaApril2 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I WOULD HAVE LEFT ALREADY
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 9:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009