• In the Spotlight:

constant non-painful contractions...

I am just over 35 weeks. I have had these constant but bot painful contractions. This is my second pregnancy, and i know it cant be labor yet, but whats up with the constant contraction that last 15 min. or so? It maybe happens twice in a hour sometimes 3. ITs extremely uncomfortable, but doesnt hurt. Should I be worried and call my dr.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should always call your doctor if you are unsure about something...nothing wrong with asking.

GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Having already had a baby, and assuming you're an adult, then thinking that "it can't be labor" isn't really realistic. You should know that labor can come at any time, whether YOU are ready or not. YOU aren't the deciding factor there. That being said, if it has you worried, its definitely worth asking your OB about. They get silly questions all the time, but yours doesn't sound as if it is one of those. It really sounds like Braxton-Hicks, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
    NaterbugsMom

Answer by NaterbugsMom at 12:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I am 35 weeks pregnant and the last week or so I've been getting more braxton hicks and a few days ago everytime I'd be standing for only like 1-2min I'd get braxton hicks that wouldn't go away and would be a little painful. But when I'd sit down they'd stop. But it was everytime I was standing and it wouldn't let up. Now I'm fine. They say the further along u get they will get more intense. I didn't have this with my other two kids.
    Anonymous