Why do people want to bash people on PA?

Alot of people are not abusing the system.You don't know everyones situation.So why do so many people think its ok to judge them.What if you end up needing help.How would you feel being treated as if you were just a bum.The economy is horrible,people are losing jobs and can't find new ones.What are people suppose to do ,let their children starve and get evicted from their homes to live in card board boxes.This country is so charitable towards other countries ,but when it comes time to help our own people were a huge failure.

ZMK

Asked by ZMK at 11:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• And alot of ppl are abusing the system...that said...I wouldn't be too proud to get food stamps,medical coverage...I can't work,but since my hubby is and does work....we have to scrape...I go without eating sometimes,just to make sure my child has food. The last time I've been to the doctor was...actually,I can't remember.Why? Because the ppl who ARE abusing the system have made it soo difficult for those who WOULDN'T to qualify.
    As far as this country being so 'charitable' to other countries? I think that is the reason soo many 'illegal' immigrants are here,sucking OUR system dry. I honestly say...shut the freaking borders,SLAM THEM SHUT,NAIL THEM,ETC. And take care of the ones who have put their own blood sweat and tears into this country and are ignored in favor of the countries who are the 'flavour' of the day/year/or the latest president. And sorry to those I'm upsetting,but I'm NOT going to hide behind anon as my name.
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 12:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Why do people care about what total strangers think?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yeah you go girl speak out and what i dont get is how come its so hard for that we have to live paycheck by paycheck and make it the best way we can to preserve our old stuff and scrapp our foods down to each can but for others with out a sociol security numbers more than enough help is provided i think the system is twisted .I mean they get provided with a vehicle cell phone money housing and food stamps what the fyck but if we loose our jobs they can f-ing help us with our rent at least untill we can get another job .And sad is that some need it i get but become dependint on it and pissed me the hell off and lie
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm sorry starrsun that you and your family are having hard time and you are entitled to your opinion.We were once in the same situation as you being stuck in the middle.And i had the same thoughts until other people in my family needed help.I agree with the illegal immigrant situation.But are all people on pa suppose to be put down just because a few bad people.

ZMK

Answer by ZMK at 12:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I remeber my dh lost his job about two years ago and we were about to get evicted. We went for housing and a family of Haitian refugees got the last apartment. A fricken 3 bedroom for about 8 people!! Come on!!! We ended up living in a hotel for two weeks. I am on PA for reasons that benefit my kids. I lost my job in April and do bring in a paycheck( unemployment). i think the majority of people that bash people on PA are people that have applied for it and have been denied. Anyways now my dh supports us on 9 dollars a hour ( a family of 6) and I bring in 160 dollars a week. The only thing we have going for us is that we are able to feed our kids thanks to food stamps.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• We are on PA. My children get medical because almost every child is covered. We get food stamps. I am a SAHM because working would be a waste of time. My paycheck would cover daycare only. So I stay at home.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• people bash what the do not understand, they are feeble minded neanderthalls. I am PA, taking care of my children is more important then what the person next to me thinks. with the economy the way it is I am SUPRISED there are so many awful people puttin parents down. STOP AND HTINK, WOULDNT YOU DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO TAKE CARE FO YOUR KIDS?
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• im on pa my husband has a job but barly enought to cover rent and i have to stay home for my daughter because of medical reasons if it wasnt for pa we would not be able to take care of medical bills and would be able to afford food to feed her i am pregnant and i need the medical to make sure my child is healty i rather be on pa and have a healty kid then not ask for the help and have something go wrong
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 12:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm on PA. I'm a single mother. My child's father chooses not to be in his life. I've been looking for a job and have applied for some but haven't been hired yet. Not many places even need any help. I live in a town of about 3000 so there aren't many opportunities anyways. And where I live being a Tribal member almost ensures you a job but I am not a member of the tribe. I've been looking but an unable to find anything so I will thank God there is a good PA system that will help me out until I get back on my feet.
    Anonymous

• anyway someone can look their nose down on someone and feel superior people will jump at the opportunity. Karma will get them back.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009