I think she's mentally insane!

ANOTHER case of a couple killing a pregnant woman for the baby. This woman had been going around telling her neighbors she was pregnant. She and her boyfriend killed this woman and delivered the baby (apparently) but something was wrong with the baby so they called 911 and she told the EMTs that it was her baby so they sent them both to the hospital. At the hospital, the baby died and dr's discovered she hadn't actually delivered a baby anytime recently. They went back to the house and found the mother dead in the crawlspace under the house. I mean judging just from the picture of the woman, it looks like she is really crazy. What is going through the minds of someone when they think it would be a great idea to kill someone and take their baby? I've heard lots of stories about stuff like this going on.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/07/oregon.pregnancy.murder/index.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's easy for people to blame mental illness when there is a crime of this nature. The mentally ill are more likely to just not take care of themselves than to do harm to others.

The word for this is EVIL.

These people are EVIL and stupid and self centered and I don't like the idea of them using the mentally ill idea to get away from paying for their crimes.

Just because someone did something you can't comprehend doesn't make them insane. I hate that defense and I hate that bad people use it and that the mentally ill who are already personally suffering are maligned.

LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• That there were two very mentally ill people who needed some severe assistance. I'm sorry that the mother and child died and I am sorry that the people who did this were not able to get the much needed help they needed before this took place. A stable person doesn't just wake up one day and think they need a baby so it will be a good idea to go out and kill a pregnant woman for it. That is truly horrible.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Both are mentally insane and need to rot.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Wow, she DOES look crazy!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I don't know about "looking" crazy. A lot of people who look stable do very crazy things. Looks have nothing to do with someone who is mentally ill or not is a dangerous person. Some mentally ill people look not quite right but are harmless. It would be such a disservice to people living with mental illness to say that all "crazy" people are dangerous.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Personally I find it sad. I had a friend who was so desperate for a baby (she miscarried many) she was caught stealing baby items from a local store and lost all of her adoption rights. It is sad wanting a baby so bad can mess up someones brain like this.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• No really, frogdawg, go to the link the op provided, the woman looks insane. She's just got this crazy look in her eyes.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i live not too far from this, and saw it on the news last night.
    sooooo disturbing!
    apparently the woman has two children of her own
    supposedly they met through craigslist, and the pregnant woman was at her house for some reason
    there was a lot of blood in the house, autopsy on the woman isnt back so we dont know how she died, but im wondering if they cut the baby out of her? :(
    http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_060609_news_pregnant_woman_murder.567dd486.html?npc
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I watched a program Friday on investigative discovery called "I'd Kill for a Baby" There are plenty of women out there that do this and it is very sick and sad. I got so paranoid that yesterday I always had a hand on my son's stroller.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 2:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• AHH....I am too skeerd to look....
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009