dont you just love it when the in laws favor one set of grandkids over the other?

my MIL suppose to watch my kids for 2 hours so i can thoroughly clean my house but decided last minute to cancel but when my SIL needs a sitter so she can go fishing or just cause she tired of her kids she will drop everything for them. its so annoying. my kids are very well behaved compared to my SIL kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• yes, my MIL prefers her daughter's kid over me and my husband's kids. its really annoying and hurtful! and my kids are far more well behaved then her daughter's 1 kid!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i wish my sil would have a kid already...so my mil can leave mine alone once in a while. i hate hearing "wheres my baby?" in a high squeaky voice. lol.
    Anonymous

• Maybe she feels that you SIL needs more help and feels that you are a more stable mother. I don't know, that has to be very frustrating, but try to look at it that way. Sounds like the SIL is a bit selfish to me and wants to have her time whenever it suits her. Being a down to earth mom means realizing that being a parent is the most selfless thing we will ever do. Have you tried talking to your MIL about it or do you think that would cause some tension?
    Anonymous

• Well, it does happen. I know when my siblings and I were little, my grandma wouldn't visit nearly as much as her daughter's kids. Oh, and her kids were a terror! They kicked her and totally disrespected her. My aunt even lived much farther than us, and yet she couldn't swing by to say hi. So when she was confronted about that, she always said she never stopped by to say hi because we lived too far away! Lol. Oh, well.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 12:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• my grandmother is like that.. she favors my uncles two girls over my sister and I even though we do everything for them.. we live the closest and my mom is the only girl out of 4 kids and anything they need we drop everything for them.. my cousins can do no wrong.. they are both perfect little angels and have had both their parents in their lives as where my parents got divorced when my sister I were young.. sometimes people just have their favorites
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My FILused to call my BIL and ask if his kids could go over there to spend time with him all the time. He's never done that with my daughter. My daughter is adopted but shes been in the family 2 years now. I thought maybe that's why , but one of my BIL's kids is a step kid. They're always talking about how bad she is & how coniving she is, but they called to spend time with them. Well my MIL and FIL dont talk to my BIL anymore, & they still dont call to see my kid! It makes me feel like they dont claim her as a granddaughter, even though when we go over there they act super nice like they care!!! They used to watch my BIL's kids all the time. We called them to watch my daughter for an hour or 2 on my 21st so I could have my first legal drink & she acted like she really didnt want to so i didnt bring her mind you that was the 1st time i asked her to babysit ever!but she'd watch my BIL's kids for them to go party every weenend
    Anonymous

• forget the in laws, my own mom showed attention to only my kids, only bought my kids gifts and told me to never tell my brother. She didn't give a sqaut about my brothers kids. I would bring his kids over to her house and she ignored them.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• thank goodness I don't hae this problem!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• you can't clean your house with kids around? If not, then have dad take them. Why do you think it's MIL's responsibility to watch your kids while you do housework? I'd laugh in someone's face if anyone asked me to watch any of my grandkids so they could clean house. No one helped me with my 3 kids so I could clean house. I was a single mom and had to figure it all out on my own. You can to. Quit whining, get off the COMPUTER and go clean house. Who watches them while you are online whining about this? You could be getting a lot done but no, you are hear wanting folks to feel sorry for you. Not gonna happen.
    Anonymous