Does anyone know of a meal plan for pregnant women?

I just found out that I am pregnant and I am overweight. I read that women who are overweight should gain 15 pounds during pregnancy. I don't want to gain anymore than that but I also want to eat enough so that my baby is healthy. Does anyone have or know where I can get a sample menu?

DROCKSGIRL517

Asked by DROCKSGIRL517 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not hungry
    Anonymous

• give up all soda it's hard at first but i don't even think about it anymore, stop eating fast food unless you have too! eat a ton of little meals. ex. breakfast eat a waffle, yogurt, fruit and juice or water. if you get hungry before lunch have a granola bar or string cheese or a piece of fruit, lunch have a salad and chicken or some kind of meat, if you get hungry before dinner have one of those same snack for in between lunch, and i eat what ever i want for dinner just in moderation if i get hungry later i have a scoop of ice cream or eat graham crackers and milk. I lost 10lbs and i am 23 weeks prego, believe me i am not trying to loose weight I just don't want to gain anything I don't need extra
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 2:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• oh and drink lots of water and take you prenatals
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 2:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• if you buy the book what to expect when your expecting there are meal options in there that might help you i love that book!
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 2:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009