take a test with or w/o hubby?

I don't know what to do. I know I need to take a test. We are not trying to get pregnant and I'm on day 31 since my last period (my period is 1 0r 2 days late) and I have been having some mild pregnancy symptoms. I don't want to worry my husband and take a test and have there be nothing to worry about, but at the same time I'd rather not be the one to say "I'm pregnant" I'd rather a test do that. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take the test without him.

Geez
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with taking a test without your husband being there. I say go for it. Good luck and God bless. :)
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 1:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't feel right taking it without my hubby. I told him I was late and he stopped on the way home from work and bought the test and I took it and left it on the sink in the bathroom. We waited 3 minutes and we looked at it together. I am so happy that we did it that way. We got to see each others reactions and can tell the story to our baby when he or she gets older.

DROCKSGIRL517

Answer by DROCKSGIRL517 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I always liked taking them with my Ex hubby- However it would break his heart when it was negitive all the time...
    now were divorced because he wanted a family so much and I couldnt provide it (I left him so he could have someone that could give him his family) and than BAM first boyfriend out of marrage I had I got knocked up!
    I didnt get the happy "IM PREGNANT" thing, I just got yelled at and told to get rid of it...
    I miss my ex hubby-now he hates me.
    Anonymous

• I think that you should take it by yourself i have had sooooo many test come out negitive and he worried for no reason I think that if the test comes out positive then wait a day or so to take another one to make sure then have him there thats what i did, I just explained to him that i wasn't feeling well and didn't want to worry him unless i was sure. He was happy I did that.
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 1:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I would tell him, because its really stressful having to go through that by yourself. You will feel much better.
    afairbetter

Answer by afairbetter at 1:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I guess my fear is that if is negative that he will be upset about the scare and want a vasectomy... which probably won't happen. The thing is he almost got a vasectomy but i told him I wanted more children so he didn't and will get it after our 3rd, but we both want to wait quite awhile. so if I'm not what if he changes his mind because he'll get scared? Does that make sense, I don;t know if I explained it right.
    Anonymous

• I would take one by myself and then no matter what the results are take one with him... just so when you take it with him you are more prepared to deal with his reaction and you have time to get your thoughts straight..
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• if your scared he will go out and get fixed dont take it with him-
    its really not gonna make a diffrence in the end, if your pregnant he cant change it, and if your not he wont get upset over it and freak out!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I would take one by myself and then if it turns out positive then you can take one with him and act like that is the first one you have taken!! He doesn't have to know you took the first one!! And if it is negative then you don't have to worry about telling him and him getting scared and wanting to get fixed!! But that's just me and what I would do!!
    Anonymous