Is it normal to crave attention from others when you have a boyfriend? Have you ever been tempted to cheat because the one you are with is never there?

My boyfriend is always in and out of me and my sons life. I am getting pretty darn tired of it. I finally got to go out and last night & there was this boy who kept flirting with me and trying to kiss me. I did not cheat but wanted to. Plus, him and my cousin just broke up I am 25 and he is only 19. I do admit that I wanted to though. When I do go out, I want people to flirt with me & there has been a couple of times where I have been put in the position to cheat but I didn't. I have also been asked out on 3 dates by 3 different guys.

I want to be with my boyfriend but I crave the attention he doesn't give to me by other guys. I am waiting for him to come around because in all reality, he is the one I want to be with, not the others and therefore I seem to put myself in these positions to make me feel better about myself. I think that he might shut me out again or break up with today anyways, so I do not regret last night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are craving his attention, you need to tell him that. Getting attention from others is not going to do any good if it's HIM you want. You'll end up making a mistake you'll later regret.

Youi are wanting the attention from others b/c he won't give it to you. You need to talk to him. I am in a long distance relationship, and I don't find myself craving attention from others, b/c even though he's 600 miles away, I know he thinks about me, I know he loves me, I know that when we are on the phone together or together in person, that his attention is 100% focused on me. And vice versa. If your boyfriend doesn't make you feel that way, then you need to tell him that and if he doesn't see it or doesn't change, then you need to really consider if you want to spend the rest of your life with him knowing that this is how it will always be. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry to say this but he is 19, he needs to play and have his fun.
    you are getting older and more mature. Move on to someone who can make you happy to the fullest extent, maybe down the line after the bf has sown some wild oats he can be what you need him to be.
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend is 28, the boy who was flirting with me last night is 19.
    Anonymous

• guys don't know what they want until its gone. I've been in this situation.. and it sux.. but eventually you ust have to cut the cord and make it clear what you want and how he's going to get what he wants. If he wants you andy our son and the relationship enough.. he'll stop playing his games once you crack down on him and be the guy he needs to be for you guys.. if not he's not worth it (mine was in that category) and doesn't deserve your love or respect
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• yes i understand how you fell my bf works 3rd shirft but i dont get the sexual attention i deserve from him i want to cheat but i dont cuz i love him sooo much. when hes not with me i do things for myself and he dont like it but i do it cuz hes never there for me!!! but mabey hes waiting for you to mess up so he can yell at you or break up with you. it is normal for women to crave attention al women need attention and if you cant get it from your bf then you go elsewere cheating is not good mabey it is best to leave him and mabey go another route. or if you can talk to him tell him how you feel and mabey things will work out?? if he doesnt have a reply then id say leave him cuz your wanted and it wont be that hard to get a guy just takes time to get over him!!!
    Tbaby61727

Answer by Tbaby61727 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You are not married to the guy and if he's not stepping up to the plate then get out in the world and get what you need from someone else. Craving attention tells you that this guy isn't "It" for you so go find Mr Right. Date all the guys you want, You are young and single. It's what youth is for. Find someone who is capable of being what you need for you and your son. If this guy thinks he's losing you then, if he cares he'll straighten up. If not, then you know how he really feels and good riddance to him. It's up to him. He can fix things or you can find someone who can.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009