why do people keep posting questions about public assistance?

how many of the people posting are SAHM anyway and dont work themselves??? you are living off of someone too- your SOs or husbands. STOP it already!!! people need help right now- who are you, me, or anyone else to judge??? when your children go to college and apply for financial aid- arent you going to be recipient of some type of assistance also??? PA makes all the difference in some people's lives...so stop bashing them! It can be a PA recipient that saves your "high and mighty, no PA gettin" child from being hit by a car...or reaches the juice for them on the top shelf at grocery store...or your neighbor who is too embarassed to say she gets foodstamps because you are always down grading them- but may let you borrow some sugar while you are at home baking a cake in your superb kitchen behind your white picket fence. SO STOP IT. you bashers all sound ignorant!

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you don't want to read about it, then why did you make another post about it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• because i am actually defending PA instead of all the others that are pretty much making people feel like shit!
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• They do it because they don't underztand that they too are not immune to needing public assitance. One day they will discover it isn't such a bad thing when things go downhill and it is either use PA for awhile or starve.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• it's lack of other ideas, other things to talk about. Why not have a hundred other posts about something more serious, LIKE CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It's not everyone who needs PA. It's the people who ABUSE it, that are the problem.
    Anonymous

• Also PA is not like it was in the 70's and 80's where you had generations of families never knowing how to support themselves. sitting in low income houseing popping out babies to increase the amount of their check
    Wake up it's a different ball game with a 5 yr lifetime limit
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Guess what...people will always be there to abuse it, and who are you to determine if they are abusing it or not anon 1:49? You some sort of expert on it. It will always happen.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I don't have a problem with it being used by people who need it and with the economy as it is, more people need it now than before. I do know people who brag about not having to work because they can just have babies to get more money, that I do have a problem with. Those people are taking money from those who really need it and deserve to have it. Right now, DH and I both work and do not use any assistance but if we happened to loose our jobs and needed it to survive, I would get on it. I am sorry that people are bashing those that are on it and need it, I know that is not what you need or deserve right now.
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 4:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Self righteousness and ignorance! Less than 1/50th of our tax dollars goes to help those in poverty. If people would get off their high horse and get informed the world would be a better place. This is not to say that I think taxes are a great idea, I think that a lot of the tax idea takes choices out of our hands as Americans. Let's face it, once those taxes are taken from our checks, who is to say how it is really spent. I have bigger bitches than welfare...like the price of gas for instance. I am not so heartless that I would bash someone on welfare. There are abusers in any situation and that is not fair because those who really need it bear the brunt of people's frustrations.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009