no appetite??

I'm just starting my 3rd trimester and lately everytime I go to eat something whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner or anything in between I start to eat and I just have no interest in eating it. The minute I take a bite it becomes unappetizing. I try to force it bc the baby needs food. Anyone have this issue in the 3rd trimester? I don't get sick to my stomach I just have no interest. Anyone have any ideas on what I can nibble on that is good for the baby but won't turn me off?/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this problem. I told my midwives that I would forget to eat and just wasn't hungry, but when I wrote out what I ate I realized that I was eating more than I thought, and a lot of it was junk food :( They were very strict with my diet so they immediately had me change what I ate. I kept a food jounral for about a week and that helped. Can you tell me what you ate yesterday? down to the tea?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I had that same problem. As long as you are eating frequently, the amount doesn't matter as much. Force yourself to eat a few bites of something, but remember that your stomach is squished which doesn't help with not feeling hungry!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• oh, the other half of the question.. try grahm crackers or saltines if you really can't force anything else down. I also used to make the Carnation Breakfast Shakes- they have lots of vitamins and protein in them and you can sip all afternoon!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Eat a sundae, lol maybe u would like some sweets
    Anonymous