When did you children start teething? We couldnt figure out why we was so cranky all the time, all he was doing was chewing on the bottle nipple not sucking and we put our finger in there and sure enough he has a little nub on his lower jaw? heres the kicker hes only 9 weeks?

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started cutting his first tooth around 3 months.
    Every child is different. My friends baby didnt get her
    first tooth in until about a year.

There are these things called Teething Tablets at wal-mart
    in the baby section that worked wonders for my son!

Answer by IfLoveWasBorn at 5:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• SOme babies are born with teeth, some dont get them until they are a year old. Mine both started getting them at about 2-3 months.

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 3:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son had 2 teeth by the times he was 8 weeks old and when he turned 1 he had all of his teeth fully grown though.

Answer by carolina_mom10 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• oh my goodness! Alright that makes me feel better

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my DD had little white spots on her gums that i swore were teeth when she was around that age...come to find out they wern't. i can't remember what they are called, im thinking some systs. but its nothing bad. her dr. said it was totally normal.
    could it be that? or really a tooth....i've heard of babies being born with teeth, so its totally possible.

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 9:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My kids both cut their first teeth at three months old, and they say that they teeth begin their ascent a month before that--so I wouldn't say that it's unheard of for a child that young to start teething.

Answer by MistressBubs at 9:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• daughter was 3 months old when she got her first 2 teeth the doctor said theres no way shes to young to ask stupid doctor i guess...but she was slobbering and chewing the whole nine..2 teeth popped out my son started teething at 2 months sooo..girl alot of babaies are born with all depends on the baby.

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• yeah thats how i found out he was so cranky and i couldnt figure out why, he was chewing on his nipples rather than sucking, so i put my finger and there and he starting chewing on it. (puting my finger in there was a big mistake, man it hurt) lol

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008