Will someone who believes in the Christian Trinity explain it to me please

If you can go ahead and give me a place in the Bible it is there. If you do not practice this please hold back the urge to tell me it is wrong thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't hold this belief, but there are some really good analogies for it. One is a lit candle -- the candle part represents God, the flame represents Jesus, and the heat and light coming off it is the Holy Spirit. They are one unified object, but three different parts, different roles. Three parts of a whole.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Also, I don't believe that there is any verse in the Bible that explicitly lays out this belief, and there was room for interpretation and different ideas about the nature of Jesus, his relationship to God, His Divinity, His Personhood, etc. The early church was in a LOT of turmoil over this type of question, and it wasn't resolved until the 3rd century.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The Trinity is 3 in 1. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

Jesus is God's Son, but Jesus is also God, and The Holy Spirit is also God and Jesus that comes to dwell inside your heart once you accept Christ as your Savior.

Maybe someone can explain it to make more sense. It's a little hard to explain it clearly enough.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The Trinity is the Father, Son, (Jesus) and the Holy Ghost the Spirit of God all in one. at least that is what I believe, there are verses in the Bible about it but I don't remember where they are even though I have read it, I just don't have a good memory as to where to find the answers.
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• OK I see I need to be more clear maybe I can try. God came as Jesus in the form of man to live with us and only a man could pay the price for our sin so God as Jesus did that and after Jesus was raised from the grave the Holy Spirit came to live in us to help us live for God when we accept Jesus as our savior. I hope that has helped so that is the Trinity--God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. There is no greater name in which men can be saved than the name of Jesus.
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Collinsky that was a very good comparison.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If God and Jesus are the same people, so when Jesus was baptised and he came out of the water and the heavens opened up God said he is my son, whom I have approved. how is that possible then? and when Jesus prayed who was he praying to? and when the people asked Jesus when will the end come, Jesus said that he doesnt know, only the father knows. How is the trinity possible when these things occured? does anyone know where in the bible is a description of the trinity? I really dont understand the trinity when these things happened.
    Anonymous

• The candle example is the best explanation ive ever seen of this, it makes sense and easy to visualize, came from someone that doesnt believe lol..its hard to explain. its like one of those things you know but cant define!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• So wait, Jesus and God are the same person, with two different roles?! now im more confused than i was before i read this!!!
    Anonymous

• "So wait, Jesus and God are the same person, with two different roles?! now im more confused than i was before i read this!!!"

It is difficult when you're trying to explain a spiritual concept in physical terms - by nature, they are not the same. So to say that God is a "person" at all, isn't a good starting place. Perhaps if you can envision the three parts each as PART of a WHOLE. Your head, your body, and your voice are three separate, very different things. Taken together though, they are YOU. God is the head, Jesus is the body, and the Holy Spirit is the voice. Separately, they are not the same, have different functions. But together, they form the totality of the Christian God. Is that helpful?
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2009