If you go to church on Sundays how long does it last?

We are in and out in a hour, but I have friends that leave at 8am and are not home until well after 12pm

mm2three

Asked by mm2three at 1:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My church is Baptist, and Sunday School is from 10am until 11am. Worship Service is from 11am - 12 pm. but sometimes we go over 15 minutes or so.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Our church (UU) starts at 10 and goes to 11, and then there is "coffee hour" with discussions and mingling, and often around 11:30 there might be various meetings or Q&As or the like that people can choose to attend that go past noon. We usually get there about 9:30AM if I'm teaching that day so I can make sure I have all the supplies ready for the kiddos' class, and while we sometimes leave shortly after 11, we have also stayed until 12.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think that depends on which Chirch you go to but if you go to just the service at my Church it takes about 1hr. 1/2. but since we are pentacostal if it is a real good service it could go a bit longer but we don't mind.
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• we meet Sat nights 6pm to 12 am and believe me we have FUN! Service is usually from 6-9 and we hang out and party the rest of the time :-) We are family and love being together blessing each other, ministering to one another and loving upon each other.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• About 2 hours all told.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The church I used to go to started at 9:30 and there were separate age classes for about an hour, till 10:30, then a half hour for bathroom breaks, getting a drink of water, saying hello to friends, getting settled in the main church, etc. Then the worship service began with a song, then a prayer, and the sermon, and after another song and prayer, it was over around noon or maybe 10 minutes past.
    Anonymous

• Your friends possibly are also attending a Sunday school.  In our church there is Sunday school and church.  We are bigger than our building allows so different classes meet at different times, and there are 2 services.  So say your Sunday school class meets at 9:00 it would go until about 10:30 then you could attend the 10:45 service which generally is out by noon.  If you don't wish to participate in Sunday school you could go at 9 and be out by 10:30 or go at 10:45 and be out by noon.  We attend both so it takes the full morning.  But I can't think of any place I'd rether be.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• 1/2 hour worship music and 1 hour service. Sometimes it seems as though it's not enough. I really enjoy hearing God's message sometimes more than others.

Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• we have church for 2 hours.. But I think they should be no time on God.. I know in some countries they have church for 15 hours.. That great .. The are hungry for God.. We need to get like that... Some people think that being in a service more then one hour is long... God dont put a time on us why do we have to put a time on God.. Thats what I think :) God bless

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009