Anyone annoyed with the job experience thing?

I put in application, after application and then I read the requirements and they all want 2+ years experience. How the fuck am I supposed to get experience if no one will hire me! UGh.

Anyone else having this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Some will make exceptions if you have the educational background. So in lieu of experience you can have education.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Sometimes all you can do is to take a lower level job for a while. If they see you stand out in the job, they may go ahead and promote.

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yes! After I received my B.S. in Business Administration I couldn't get a job anywhere! Like you said, everyone wants experience, but I had just graduated and the only experience I had with anything was playing Beirut (Quarters) and Beer Pong! It was frustrating. Eventually I landed a job that didn't need my $40K education and I"m making more money now than if I had landed one of those jobs.

Maybe try strengthening your resume a bit. And if you do get an interview, make sure you're ready for whatever question they can give you!

Good luck! I know it's frustrating!
    Anonymous

• You have to start at the bottom. Everyone does. Most people make the mistake of thinking they can start higher up for whatever reasons. I started out working for just a little over min. wage when I got out of college, but soon worked my way up. Starting in a lower position in the same or similar type of work is the only way to get experience.

Anonymous

• I mean like...housekeeping positions at a hotel. A place that only requires a HS diploma or a GED.
    Anonymous

• Yea...i dont understand entry level positions paying BS wanting sooo much experience..ive found a few places that say theyll train the right person though!! i think if you wanna find a great employee you should pay them well, train them well and treat them well..id be completely loyal to a company if i found all that!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• As a stylist straight out of school, you think you know everything. It was a rude awakening when I got out there! We all said we would never work at great clips and cost cutters only nice places! Nice places only hire experience! Well some of us had to eat humble pie and get our experience elsewhere. I learned a lot my first year working. I have eaten a lot of s#%t and been stepped on by a lot of people to get where I am now. I busted my ass and fought really hard to get where I'm at. I may not be a the top of the mountain, but it's better than where I was. I needed that experience to be where I am now, it's made me great at what I do! It's the only thing besides my family that I ever finished and stuck to so yes, I'm proud of it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• One way to get experience is to do an internship. Some schools require them for graduation.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm just trying to figure out why I need 2 years experience at a hotel making beds and cleaning bathrooms.
    Anonymous

• I have always wondered that. I mean how hard its to make beds and clean a freaking bathroom!

I'm just trying to figure out why I need 2 years experience at a hotel making beds and cleaning bathrooms
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009