why do i crave things that make me sick?

For the past month I have been craving things that make me want to vomit. I keep wanting french fries and every time I eat them I puke afterward. I'm craving such greasy fatty foods and want them so bad but end up barfing afterward. What the heck is up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OP - and I know you will say not to eat them, that's kind of obvious. but i'm just wondering why it is that i want this stuff and then my body rejects it like that?
    Anonymous

• lol i'm the same way :) like even with more things, i feel starving than i get the food i want and cant eat it... the smell of it is horrible than i try and eat it and it comes up. Its horrible, i did not experience this with my first pregnancy but a way around it was im now eating cherries and oranges and apples.... cant eat bananas yet, the texture makes me sick but it helps you and helps the baby recieve what he or she needs :) also milk helped me feel full than i could eat a lil of what i wanted. how far along are you? jw
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm just about 24 weeks :) I'm getting so irritated. food used to be my best friend...now it's killing me!
    Anonymous

• lol ya i kno how you feel :) try more fruits... it might help. and milk fills u up so gl:)
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009