senior pranks

anyone else have news stories in there state or home town where all these kids are having there right to walk with there class taken away from harmless class pranks-
In my town there was a group of kids that in SIDEWALK CHALK wrote
"congrats class of 09" and were unable to walk, another school a group of kids put up a swing set on the roof of there school with a note to the teachers saying how thankful they were that they pushed the kids so hard to acheive the best- Also left a plate of brownies for the teachers and janators.
two of the 4 boys were top two of there graduating class, and the valadictorian along with the three other boys were unable to walk at the graduation or read his speach-
how is one joke, after 4 years of hard work hardly worth takeing away something that took them 12 years to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't understand that at all! If they are harmful and destructive pranks I could understand them not getting to walk with the rest of their class. I live in a small town in KY and the graduating classs ahead of me spraypainted different areas of the school such as the windows and there is a guard shack sitting out at the entrance to check people in visiting during school hours that they flipped over! They didn't even get in trouble. Of course, I don't think they ever found out who did it but still yet! I can't understand why simple pranks like that would cause such a large commotion of them not being able to walk! Maybe to send a message that it's serious business so the pranks don't get more severe?! I don't know but I have never heard of that before in my life.
    Homemommy0503

Answer by Homemommy0503 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• well sometimes senior pranks are very rude and obnoxious, but those all sound harmless and even giving respects to their teachers. i dont know why they would get upset over silly stuff like that, at my school someone put a dildo on the flagpole and they didn't get as harsh as punishment as the kids youre talking about. i hope they reconsider their punishments and let them walk because that is a terrible thing to take away!
    Anonymous

• in my school they Lit the barn on fire and spread cow shit from one end of the school to the other, we had to close the school for three days because of that!
    I get taking away and seriously punishing them and in my schools case JAIL TIME but those jokes are harmless and I think its HORRIBLE there taking away 12 years of hard work!
    Anonymous

• thats awful! those jokes were more of a thanks to the teachers and the administration. when i was a senior we moved the principals car all the way to the back of the student parking lot. :) should have seen him trying to find it during lunch, freaking hillarious, and no one got punished at all for it. nor were any threats made asking someone to come forward with who had done it. we actually did a whole week of pranks and no one got into trouble. they were all harmless and none affected school hours or anything like that. but come on, after 13 years of school let them have a little bit of fun as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or destroy property. hell my old school still has spray paint in the parking lot from the class of 89
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It's called consequences for your actions. These kids should have thought about their "harmless" pranks before they did them. I'm sure they were warned, but these are probably kids that have never had anyone follow through with the consequences and thought no one actually meant the threat. It is better they learn that lesson by not being able to walk than learning it next year when they are kicked out of college for "harmless" pranks. If the walk to get the diploma was so important, they could have waited to be silly. I don't many scyools that pull kids for "harmless" anything.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009