right or wrong

my mil, is a crazy bitch. she really is, so i cut off all ties with her, cept my hubby, she isnt allowed to see my daughter, because while i was pregnant she said my daughter is not important, and i tried to move past that, but my dd is almost 2 and she makes no effort to see her at all. she hasnt seen my dd since the day after she was born, so i said if she doesnt want to see her then she wont, but my hubby keeps sending her pictures and wants to take my dd to see her, hes mad cause i said no but shes crazy, and shes a crackhead, shes always high and i dont trust her around my dd at all. and my hubby just wants to drop her off with my crazy crackhead mil!!! am i wrong for not letting this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Sending her pictures is fine..its your husband doing it not you...stoping that seems a bit extreme...i would check your sanity if you let your daughter be dropped off with someone who has a known habbit...i would say your prefectly fine for not doing that!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Go with hubby and take the child. See if she's still as bad as you say. If so, then don't take her back but if you told her she wasn't allowed to see your child back when you were pregnant then she simply honored YOUR request. Don't punish her for a boundary you set down and she honored.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• She sounds like a very disturbed person. Nevertheless, she is part of your daughter, she is her grandmother, they share genes. Under no circumstances should the child be left alone with her, but it is a good idea for your husband to take the child to see her grandmother.

Answer by Bmat at 3:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• no..tell him if he wants to stay there and supervise she can see her but thats too scary to just drop her off!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i tried to move past what she said and i told her that she was welcome to see my dd whenever she wanted but she hasnt made an effort in almost two years! and he isnt going to stay with my dd he wants to just drop my dd off and call it a day. it would be different if he would stay with her, but hes not going to
    Anonymous

• If she is a drug addict then you are absolutely right. If she not and you don't let her see because you want to hurt her then you are wrong. I don't see a problem with sending her pics either way.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie, you set the rules and then you get upset because she played by the rules? Sorry to say it, but he will always love his mother even if you don't. That is his family. You are replaceable, his mother and his child are not. Try your best to make some sort of arrangement for your dd to see her even if it's with supervision or you may soon see just how replaceable you are.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i never said that he had to replace her, he has a relationship with her. im just not involved in it. and i said i tried to move past what she said and told her she was welcome then she still didnt make the effort. and i dont mind her seeing my dd as long as my husband stays with her, i dont want him to drop her off and call it a day! and he wont replace me, im not worried about that one bit.
    Anonymous