gaining too much weight?

i'm currently 28 weeks pregnant and i've gained 45lbs through my pregnancy so far. my doctor tells me to lay off the fatty foods. but i eat very healthy, i rarely eat fast food and when i do i ALWAYS get the grilled chicken and a salad instead of fries. i look at food portions and always remember to drink plently of water everyday. i also exercise on a daily basis, not just three times a week like most women, but every single day i take a 30 minute walk and i swim for at least an hour (that was just recently added in since our pool just opened up). i need to know why i keep gaining weight but i lead a healthy life style. my mom says God is putting it there for a reason

panda_mommy1

Asked by panda_mommy1 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• Have they told you how big your baby is? and are you having one or two?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Don't worry about how big your baby is as long as you don't have gestational diabetes. Big baby is a myth that is perpetrated by lazy doctors and women who have too much faith in them.

As long as you are exercising and eating healthy (and being honest about it) then you are fine.

How is your water retention?
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• he's 14.5 inches long and about 2 1/4 lbs. i'm not sure about my water retention, i know my weight flucuates(sp?) alot though, my mom told me it could just be water weight but i asked my doctor and she said "don't cut back on water". so i took both of their advice and started to water down juice (its nasty, dont do it). hopefully it helps
    panda_mommy1

Answer by panda_mommy1 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• That seems like a lot of weight so soon. I would ask the doc to do an ultrasound and make sure there is only 1 baby. Gaining too much weight can cause issues for you and for the baby. Keep exercising as long as the doc says it is ok, drink plenty of water and watch portion sizes. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• there is only one baby in there, we had an ultrasound done to make sure the baby wasn't too big though. they said he's at the right weight and size for his "age". No gestational diabetes or anything like that, all of my blood and pap work has come back normal.
    panda_mommy1

Answer by panda_mommy1 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If everything is coming back fine don't stress. Never cut back on your water, might cut back on processed foods, but eat salt to taste. Some good diets to follow while pregnant are the Brewer Diet and Bradley.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009