Should my partner and I get back together?

My partner and I split and I am seven months pregnant. I left him because I asked him to do somethings before the baby is born and he hasn't done them yet. I asked him to finish his divorce with his and ex and get a home so we aren't living with his parents. He hasn't tried to do either so I left him. We still want to be together but should I wait til he does what I asked?

LovinMyNewborn

Asked by LovinMyNewborn at 3:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• The fact that he still hasn't done them even though you split is a very clear indication that the book is closed on this relationship. NO, you should NOT get back together...except to see each other in court as you get child support settled.

Move on. Concentrate on your child. And don't get mixed up with a married man ever again. If someone is going to cheat on his WIFE, what's going to stop him from cheating on YOU?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• you need to be very careful with ultimatums because they are so final. I say if you said he needed to have certain things in place, wait it out. Of course ou want to be together, but if he wants it bad enough he will do what he has to. and asking for a home for you and freedom so he can be with you is not asking for anything out of line. Tjo...you obviously knew he was married so is it fair to demand a divorce now? Not bashing, just throwing it out there, as I dont know what you think about it all? just things to consider...also tho hon, if you gave him ultimatums and you dont follow thru, why will he ever feel you will again? kwim? if you "give in" he will always believe he can wait you out til you cave and he still doesnt have to work on his stuff....good luck and just take some time to decide what is best for your child. the baby is the one who is important now....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Wow, sounds messy. Only you really know the details so I really can't say. Maybe you should just focus on yourself and your baby. Sounds like he isn't emotionally equipped to be in a relationship right now getting a divorce and having a baby with another woman while living with mom and dad. You are talking about him leaving one relationship without working on himself first and moving into another. That's not very healthy. I hope you are not expecting a man with two broken legs to run a mile for you! But I have this funny feeling that you might give in and let things happen anyway. Sorry so harsh, I'm just being honest with you, sometimes sugar coating things are not helpful.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If he is married, then he has never closed the door on his old relationship. Perhaps it is time to let him go and move on with your life.

Answer by Bmat at 3:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• BMAT said it so plain and simple. He was married when you met him and still is. HE needs to close one door before opening another.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• OMG that is so funny. Heck no I wouldn't go back at least until he wasn't married! He's got his cake and eating it too. He might even be seeing wife on the side! Good grief woman, cut that crap out. Get out and stay out until he's available to even date you much less get you a house and give you a family! WTF were you thinking?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You need to stand your ground. These are MAJOR issues, and if you just cave and go back to him, your going to find yourself caving and giving in to all sorts of things because he knows you dont really mean what you threaten
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• he's probably gone back to his wife......good riddance!
    take him to court and get child support.
    oh and you probably need to find a place to live, wouldn't count on his folks putting you up anymore.....
    get on with your life!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009