Tanning

i am looking to buy tanning lotion that gets me dark faster then the norm. - i see alot of tanners use the warming tingler stuff but does that actually get you tanner? or is more for personall choice.... i don't really like the burning feeling it gives out so prtty much just wondering if anyone else is into REAL tanning and what lotions work for them the best! I KNOW THE DANGERS OF FAKE BAKE- I AM STILL GOING TO DO IT NO MATTER WHAT N E TELLS ME ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know of any lotions that work better than others, but I do know that keeping your skin moisturized helps hold your tan longer. And there is a chemical in tea that turns burn to tan faster without peeling. brew tea, cool, put in a spray bottle and spray it on. I've been doing this for 15 years and it really works! Also, when I was in HS we used to use baby oil and iodine. I think it just stains your skin a little, but it does give a deep dark look. I don't tan any more. I'm so afraid of cancer since it runs in my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i can't remember the name but its a blue bottle, think its called worship i love it. it leaves your skin really soft and you tan quickly. theres another one by the same company but its a white bottle w/ribbon like designs on it in pastel colors, i like that one too and that one has an aftertanning lotion that goes with it. sorry i never remember the names and i haven't been able to go tanning in 10 months b/c i was preg so i don't have any in the house right now.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I won't tell you anything bad. I think people look healthier with a little color on them.They also have the kinds that cool you as you tan. i use wicked dark by creation, sweet emotion is good but Australian gold is good too. These are expensive. You can buy panama jack for tanning beds and it works well as does ocean potion(this works great but its a little sticky, nothing a shower won't fix) Then they have the european gold thats pretty good too. Everyone is different. What works for one may not work for you. Try the samples at the salon and see which is best.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I work in a salon where we have tanning beds. Honestly, I have used and worked with many tan accellerators and they all do the same thing. They all have this flashy packaging and silly names like SUPER dark blackness, instantly bronze, magic deepest tan, ohhh the names are endless. They all do the exact same thing...just pick one you like and go for it! The tinglers don't really make a difference in tan, it's just sales hype.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Okay, my tanning lady told me the best product out right now will contain Silicone in it. Don't ask me why, maybe she gets a better commission, but thought I'd pass it on to you.

I use that Hemp stuff I buy at Sally's. It's cheap and I smell pretty darn good. Some of the products out there are designed to smell good, but after you tan, they can smell pretty rank. This stuff goes on good and comes out smelling good too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• thanks for the help! and yea i noticed every bottle i seen i wanted to buy just cause it looked so cool lol
    Anonymous

• When I tanned I used lotions with bronzers in them. Then 2mo ago I was diagnosed with melanoma. They had to dig deep into the inside of my left knee all the way to the muscle. I know you don't want to hear it, sorry. I thought I would've never gotten melanoma...but I did. I found a great tanning lotion.....by Origins its called the Great Pretender.
    Dylansmomma

Answer by Dylansmomma at 10:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009