When do you consider a child 'day trained'?

When they are dry/clean all day even if YOU have to ask them/put them on the potty?

When they are dry/clean all day and TELL YOU, when they have to go (or go by themselves)?

Or something else?

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 4:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• for me when we are at home and she doesn't have an accident all day. when we are out and shes playing with friends i will ask her every once in awhile b/c i know she gets caught up in playing and may ignore the need to go. but a majority of the time she tells me. but if i had to ask her or put her there on a regular basis i wouldn't consider her fully day trained
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My daughter hasn't had an accident in over 6 months. BUT, I don't consider her fully trained since she is still in the phase where she ignores her body's signals to keep playing. When she starts going all on her own when she needs to (when we are home), with no prompting or reminding from me, I'll consider her fully trained.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• when you no longer find hidden wet shorts.
    Marie
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 7:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• When they are telling you they have to go, going successfully and very SELDOM having an accident, and then it's a small accident (dribbles in the underwear).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009