Overstimulation in toddlers (HELP)

My daughter was born at 33 1/2 weeks and only weighed 3 lbs. Now she is almost 2 and still has Over stimulation problems. When something scares her she grabs on to me and doesn't let go for about 10 mins. I sing to her rub her back to take her out of the trance. Today she was scared and i couldn't get her out of that trance for about a hour. When she talked it would be very soft and quite. Should i take her to the doctors? is there something I can do?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 4:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That may be something that you could talk to her pediatrician about. I don't know if they would have any suggestions on, like, WebMD or not. Your daughter's pediatrician may be able to make some suggestions to help you and her be able to make it better, though. Sorry, I don't have any ideas on it.
    Homemommy0503

Answer by Homemommy0503 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2009