I'm only in my 20s. The mother to a toddler and married for only 2yrs. Am I crazy for losing my sex drive? Any suggestions?

Belle1225

Asked by Belle1225 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Women reach their sexual peak in their early 30's so this is normal, especially with a toddler running around!
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 3:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I am the same way! I have a 2 year old too and lost my drive as soon as she was conceived. Now we have a 4 week old son and I'm still not into it...I hope things get better b/c my DH isnt happy about it!
    NoR_CaL_MoMmY

Answer by NoR_CaL_MoMmY at 3:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Maybe it's the fact that you have a child that you are having to run after and take care of. But I heard that it is normal. Your sex drive will come back and if you are really worried just find a baby sitter for the day and spend some quality time alone with your mate and plan something good for that night in the bedroom and see what happens.
    Mz_Lady1978

Answer by Mz_Lady1978 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I culd go the rest of my life without ever having sex again. I'm 25 and it sucks. DS just turned 1 and I'm hoping it'll come back sometime, because the thought of "trying" at some point isn't very appealing
    Linzeekp

Answer by Linzeekp at 3:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Your emotional state will have a lot to do with it. I lost my sex drive when my second child was oorn, and didn't recover it until my husband deployed for a few months and I REALLY had to do without!
    Anonymous

• children housework and stress all play a big part in loss of sex drive. The good news is if ya fight thru it sex becomes incredible again at about 35 and oooooh boy do orgasms get better. Sorry didnt mean to be graphic or offend.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I dealt with this in my 20s after my first two children. Thankfully it passed. My 30s are waayyyyy better... even with an 11mo!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2008