How can I tell my boyfriend nicely exactly what I want out of this relationship and if I don't get what I want, then I am done or should I say anything at all?

I want love, respect, him to be with us most of the time...I want it all because right now, I am getting nothing at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• tell him and if he can't or wont give you the things you need then at least you found out before you wasted your time.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• When you say respect, are you saying he disrespects you? Can you tell us how? We can help you out better with a little more information
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If he is being verbally abusive then get out now. But if its something like he is not showing you enough affection then try using noncombative phrases. For example: {This is what "I" need. Keep the word "you" to a minimum.} For example "I need to be held more" instead of "you don't hold me enough" or "I need to hear I love you" instead of "I need to hear YOU say I love you"
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Or if he is abusive in any way, Leave him now.
    pnwmom

• Dont demand everything at once, see if he can take baby steps to being a family man. All relationships have compromise and things take time. You might have to schedule it at first. Just let him know how you feel but remember what I said first. Hope this helps!
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 5:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• He does disrespect me a lot of the time. He usually makes everything about him and never considers me or my feelings. He can be very mean with words and is never around...only when he wants to be.
    Anonymous

• Just flat out tell him how you are feeling and that you do not like when he direspects you.You have to put a stop to it .I wish you good luck!!!
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 6:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009