do you walk with God or does God walk with you?

right now there is so much going on it seems God is the one walking while I just tag along. Anyone else feel so overwhelmed at times their faith is the only thing that carries them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is always watching over all of us.. I don't believe God walks. I do believe he knows everything and he is the one who decrees what happens and what doesn't and he never ever leaves us alone.

Yes im overwhelmed right now with many problems. It is my faith in the Creator that helps me make sense of it all and say.. all praise and thanks is to him, in good and in bad. I try to be patient because he rewards the patient and because i know that after hardship he sends to reliefs.

Be patient and trust in the Creator. Ask him to Guide you and to remove all evil from around you and seek refuge in him from the devil who is our sworn enemy.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I understand how you feel.. its both but sometimes I believe He carries us too. There are times of rest as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• of course! isn't that why you depend on God, to carry you or cover you when you aren't able to carry yourself? also, i'm not so sure there is a difference in the two..its all about the relationship between you and God. the walk is the relationship. and usually, if you feel He's not with you, its probably you who are neglecting Him, or ignoring His presence. Jesus said, 'i will never leave or forsake you.' He didn't say we wouldn't do the same to Him, though. if you're feeling overwhelmed, and alone, try getting back in touch with God through prayer/meditation/reading the Word for encouragement. let your guard down, and be honest with your 'conversation'.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• That is exactly where God wants you. The idea that we are sufficient in the things of life is a myth. We just become so much more aware when times are hard. Realize that we literally cannot breath without God, in Him we live and move and have our being. So our part in life is not to be or do but to surrender to God, seek and choose His will and depend on Him for the strength to follow it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thank you. I couldn't do this without the help of Jesus. I know I am not at all like Christ, but I do my best and take on each day.

He appeared to me today. I know that makes me sound delusional but He did. During church today his image appeared to me..

The term"walk" was really just being used kind of like an example. I don't go down the street walking with God. Well I do walk down the street and God is with me so maybe it can be literal. LOL who knows.
    Anonymous

• We walk together. (I walk a little behind and to the right, but together none the less.)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• yeah i agree with jesse we walk together he picks me up when im down.. :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I know the feeling. In my christian days, I stood around waiting and god walked off. Finally, I reciprocated. It is a wise woman who knows when a man is "just not that into" you.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Witchqueen, why don't you just move on past the post you dont agree with it? why do you feel the need to bash a Christian when down? You are a bitter lady who really needs to move on and get over your hate for God.
    Anonymous