update from last nights Q. ( bleeding at 35w 5 d)

i went into L & D today and all is well, they did a NST and the baby's fine they just said no more sex!! apparently my s/o irritated my cervix last night when we had intercourse and i bled...they said probably because the baby is low now and she's dropped , so therefore my cervix is closer to the front now?..agh..no more sex for me until after the baby is here and i heal :(
I go for a u/s on Tuesday to determine anyways when they are going to induce me, right now it is either 37 or 38 wks, the results determine. (I have GD).
I'll know by Friday when they should be inducing, wish me luck ladies! any advice? comments? anything? lol

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 4:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as far as the no more sex thing, is it no sex or no orgasms? you can have an orgasm w/o penetration, just remember that. :)
    as far as inducing, i don't know if you've been induced before but if you haven't. its not exactly a fun process ( not by any means saying don't do it, if you're doing it you're doing it your choice just letting you know what to expect) being induced at such an early point, your body may not have started progressing on its own already, and if it hasn't it may not do you any good. thats what happened for me, i labored for 3 days w/no progress and had to have a c-section. i didn't think to ask if they could break my water, or strip my membranes a second time or anything like that. so do some research and see what options there are if the medications don't work, that way you are educated on it and can ask for what you want. be prepared to possibly have a c-section b/c a lot of inductions end that way CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• and don't let it upset you if you have to have one. either way as long as baby gets out safe and you're ok thats what matters. don't know about your hospital but mine would not allow me to walk around after being induced b/c the contractions are supposed to be stronger and they need to keep a monitor on baby. so bring stuff to keep you occupied in between ( a book travel games etc..) they also put you on a liquid diet afterwards in case you have to have a c-section they don't want to have to wait for food to digest. if you have any questions about c-sections or induction just message me and i'll answer the best i can. i've had 2 c-sections now and been induced once, at 38 1/2 weeks b/c of my blood pressure.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Do they think your baby is really going to be large? I had GD during 2 of my pregnancies and both were 4 and 5 weeks early and over 6 lbs. Both babies had lung problems as some GD babies do. They grow bigger but their lungs don't grow faster. Make sure they know your baby's lungs are ready for delivery before they induce. GD in itself is not a reason to induce.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I've had the celestone shots to develop her lungs faster already, actually i had pre-term labor at about 30 wks so they gave them to me then.
    They are a bit worried she'll be big, and like i said before the u/s will determine more on Tuesday , i see my ob/gyn on Friday.
    As far as induction goes, im pretty sure my body is *almost* there, been losing chunks of my mucis plug for a while now, im just a bit curious as to what to expect for induction as well as a possible c-section.
    any information you ladies could provide would be helpful. :)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 5:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009