just need to vent..

I am so poed I am 19 and yes I do live at home with my mom but she made me move back when she found out I was pregnant.. which means I got my old room back.. well everyone likes to just walk upstairs into my room I have no door and you have to walk through my room to get to my YOUNGER sisters room.. no one ever asks if it is ok to just go through my room like I have no privacy and I am soon going to have a baby and we have to share a room.. I know I should be greatful but I just feel like I can not have anything to myself..

SweetPea102689

Asked by SweetPea102689 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You can be irritated when you pay for your own place and people walk right in. In the meantime, like you said, be grateful that you have a place to live and a supportive family (it sounds like anyways). You can politely ask people to respect your privacy, but since it's not your house, you kind of have to live with the way things are.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Live with it. They are giving you a place to stay through a difficult time. I am sure things will change when you have the baby and the baby is napping. It is not your house.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 5:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thats alright to be irritated but remember they are your family and are helping you out. When ever you get irritated, remember it could be worse. You could be in a situation where you don't have the ammenities you have now. Let your familiy help you out. Try to be kind and gracious. Your Mom only wants to make sure you and your child are well cared for. Ask your Mom for advice on all kinds of things. Get your sister involved with such things as names and even themes for the crib. It will work out fine.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You may just have to live with it but you can try to talk to everyone and let them know how you feel.
    Anonymous

• Hang up up some sort of curtain so that your entry way isn't wide open. Ask everyone to please knock on the wall or say can i come in. Also, for your sister, she should do the same thing, when she needs to get to her room or come out, just ask her please, just in case you are changing, or when you have the baby you will need some sort of privacy. If they don't listen hang up a sign outside your room?? Good luck!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Should have thought about that before getting pregnant. I was on my own at 19.. It's "do-able". She probably "made" you move back in because she knows you are not ready or capable to raise a child without help at this point! Be thankful that you have a family willing to help!
    Anonymous

• Also would like to say.. If you think you have "no privacy" or "nothing to yourself" now.. just wait until after you have a Child! Privacy is a "foreign" word... You won't be able to even go to the bathroom by yourself for at least 4 years.. Once you start having kids you no longer live for ( just) yourself, you live for them.. say "bye bye" to your youth.
    Anonymous

• <---OP
    I just think they should respect my privacy.. I know having a kid you have no privacy and everything and there was no need for you to be so rude..and I am ready and capable you just don't know my mom.. she wants to have control over everything..
    Anonymous