what's the oldest age you've ever seen someone in diapers?

and i don't mean an elderly person or someone with a mental deficiency.

the oldest i've seen is a six year old in pull-ups. he went to my son's kindergarden and school allowed it. his mother told me he just could not grasp potty training yet and they weren't going to hold him off from school another year.
your turn.

MissLisa7657

Asked by MissLisa7657 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah, wow. Five in pull ups. It bothered me. But at least they were trying. Now, I know a 3 year old in diapers, and they haven't started trying, because "he isn't interested."
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I saw a little one running around one time at my friend's house. Her mom runs a daycare out of the home. The little kid looked like he was about 4 or 5 and still in diapers. I don't know if the parents were just lazy to try or if the child just couldn't get it.
    Homemommy0503

Answer by Homemommy0503 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My son is almost 4 and is still in diapers. He has some delays and isn't ready for the potty yet. It may surprise you to know that it is OKAY for kids to not be ready until later and that there may actually be GOOD reasons. Kids that have autism, especially, don't learn until much later, especially boys. Keep that in mind before you start judging others!
    Anonymous

• Wow...I'm sorry but some of you mothers on here are so judgmental ... stop judging others and be grateful for what you have. (Which after reading post after post of bashing is far superior to what I have) My son is on the Autism spectrum he is very high functioning but still wasn't fully potty trained until 4 years old and even then he wore pull ups on occasions. My nephew is also autiatic and lower functioning...he just potty trained at the age of 6. And I know others that didn't until almost 8!

I feel sorry for YOU! Since your children have always done everything right on schedule and always act proper, and polite and courteous....you'll never see the reward of a child finally being able to say he's mad instead of throwing a fit or finally make a friend. You'll never see what a blessing everyday accomplishments can be. But continue to sit back,sip your tea and judge the world around you!
    Anonymous

• I don't know, my son is 2 1/2 and is nowhere near being ready to be potty trained. My friend's daughter has Down's Syndrome and she is six and is just starting to train. I think that it just takes kids a little longer than others
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 6:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The oldest I've seen in diapers is 5. I don't know if he had autism or anything that would inhibit him from learning.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 6:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Hey people chill she specifically said with out a mental deficiency! Personally I know 3 autistic children who are 9 and under and not one is potty trained, but it is not a big deal because of their autism. As for children who do not have underlying issues the oldest was a 5 year old in kindergarten!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Aeneva... First off Autism is NOT a "mental deficiency" --actual dictionary definition-- "mental deficiency - mild mental retardation" -- my son's IQ was last tested at age 5 and found to be at 125...that is NOT "mentally deficient" & he is autistic.
    2nd off to look at my son you wouldn't be able to see "his autism" it's not like a child in a wheelchair...not ALL autistic kids are like Rainman as a matter of fact very few are. Most are like my son who appear normal until you get to know them then you can tell there is just something "off" about them.
    I'm sick of people judging my son the way you are judging these kids w/o knowing the whole story...sit and talk with these moms sometime and remember The book cannot always be judged by the cover.
    Anonymous

• My girl was not trained until almost 4 -- then regressed at 4 1/2 and all but stopped using potty (wanted to put her back in diapers.) My boy is 3 1/2 and starting to train, in Pull-ups.
    My friend's son is severely autistic and is almost 6 and not trained ---- well he will use toilet if she lets him run around naked, but will go wherever if he has clothes on...... he's not 'mentally deficient' just harder to motivate -- other kids you bribe/reward/praise - he doesn't care about any of that -- so its much harder to get him to want to go. It bothers me when people refer to AS as if the kids are disabled/handicapped -- they are just different
    Anonymous

• Thank you for backing me up!
    Anonymous